Sunday, September 26, 2010

Auto-Tripping Update: We Took Our Vows

Below is the announcement heralding my happy news...

The Happy Pair wishes to Share Their Joyous News!
Syvalee and MKT
Announce their Mobile Union Commitment
(for the next 7 or 8 years)
September 24, 2010
7:30 PM
Corpus Christi, Texas

No Gifts, Please

I married my new vehicle on Friday night at 7:30 PM.  My sweet vehicle quietly promised to transport me wherever I need to go, and I pledged my loving care and support.  The commitment is palpable, the affection is growing, and the finality is both comforting and unsettling. 

The ceremony and celebration came together much like my marriage to my human husband: quickly, and with little second guessing once the decision was made.  There was a slight tremor in my hands as the final vows (signatures) took place, but once blessed, there was nothing to do but plunge into this new relationship!

We are still learning about each other...my new love is complicated, but fortunately this relationship DOES come with a manual.  Will I read it, will I put in the time to nurture this relationship?  Yes, indeed I will.  The lessons of the human marriage have taught me that much!  I know the basics...we managed to arrive home in comfort and with only one major challenge.  Who doesn't start off without challenges?  As we tentatively maneuver through our honeymoon, I am hopeful we will continue to grow together. 

In the end, I take my vows very seriously, as I want this to be a long and loving relationship.  Nothing is too good for my new love, and we will continue to bond and share fabulous adventures for a very long time.